|Photo Courtesy of Visualphotos.com|
Have you ever started your day with a case of "The Blahs" maybe you didn't get enough sleep, or maybe as soon as your foot hit the floor you stumped your pinky toe on your child's toy. Some mornings are just plan tough for whatever reason. When you're having a morning like this, do you let it totally consume you and carry a "Negative Nancy" attitude throughout your day? If not, how do you shake it off and keep it positive? I know we all have heard the saying "when you look good, you feel good". And I wholeheartedly agree! It just so happens to be my solution to "The Blahs". Try these few tips I use to feel fabulous all day.
1. Start your day the night before. Yes! Take it back old school and iron and lay out your clothes at night. Prepare your lunch the night before. Have an idea of what's for breakfast, set the timer on your coffee maker...Get the picture?
2. Wake up 15 minutes earlier than usual. Take this time to slowly rise out of the bed and take about 5 minutes to pray, meditate, stretch whatever you need to find your center. These 15 minutes are just for you, do not wake the kids, go make coffee or breakfast. Just have a moment of guilt free quiet time.
3. Make sure your eyebrows are cleanly arched. Why?...well why the heck not, we are talking about your Face :). But seriously we all know how a fresh eyebrow wax or threading makes our face look. With cleanly arched brows you can wear less makeup an still look put together.
4. Shower in the morning. I prefer to shower in the morning for pore rejuvenation...lol...jk (Im not to sure about that) its just works for me.
5. Lastly, Be Bold. Be a little daring and do original things with your outfit, accessories, nail polish, hair etc. Sometimes when we take a risk or change it up a bit, we just might get an unexpected compliment which always makes a lady's day.
Share how you overcome "The Blahs".
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad